A Colorful Twist on Avocado Toast
Tiffany Cooke, iGnite San Diego member and mastermind behind @cookesinthekitchen, is a culinary genius. But she "keeps it real" with easy, nutritious, and delicious family-meal ideas, including recipes for parents who are prepping food for littles... all. day. long. (Am I alone here?)
No doubt we've all discovered the heaven that is a slice of toasted whole grain bread covered in mashed avocado... Well, that little slice of heaven just got better...
Here is Tiffany's kid-approved "Pomegranate Sunflower Avocado Toast" recipe.
1) Toast a slice or two of your favorite whole grain bread. My family loves Killer Dave's Organic.
2) Cover with a generous amount of mashed avocado. I use one whole small avocado or 1/2 a large avocado.
3) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning. I get the EBTB seasoning from Trader Joe's.
4) Add pomegranate and/or sunflower seeds, as many as you like!
5) Top with a fried egg (optional). Vegans can leave off the egg and add extra seeds and/or nutritional yeast to up the ante of healthy fats and protein.
#tiffanycooke #foodinspiration #healthyfamilyeating #foodinspriation #cookesinthekitchen