15 Self-Care Favorites From our San Diego Members
Recently, our San Diego members got together, had a social and shared some of their self-care favorites. From things they enjoy and make them feel good to things they simply enjoy doing and reading. It's all such great stuff and we know you'll find some favorites in here too!
1. Lindsay's Favorite Cherry Smoothie recipe helps kick off her day!
1 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
6 kale leaves (remove tough stems)
1 TBSP chia seed
1 TBSP almond butter
Makes 1 serving @ approximately 315 calories. If you have freezer space, Costco is a great place to buy organic frozen cherries.
2. Megan's Favorite daily breathing exercise called the Wim Hof Method
3. Kendall's Favorite Cookbook is Half Baked Harvest Every Day: Recipes for Balanced, Flexible, Feel-Good Meals. She also loves following the author on Instagram @halfbakedharvest
4. Jamie loves her Kitch Satin Pillowcase, Yellow Leaf Hammock and Farmhouse Fresh Candle in "Whoopie" scent
5. Maya loves her two favorites: Acorn Memory Foam Slippers an Balm Dotcom Lip Balm
6. Rory Smith loves her Chappy Wrap blanket
7. Sue loves her meditation and breathing device (necklace) and Seven Chakra incense sticks
8. Carissa loves her favorite tension relieving Yoga Balm healing blend
9. Sarah loves her favorite sound machine and sleep mask.
10. Candace shared her favorite Tibetan singing bowl purchased at the San Diego County Fair.
11. Michelle shared favorite bags of her organic & ethically sourced coffee from women's female owned coffee business called Cargo Cafe.
12. Kelle shared her beautifully hand crafted greeting cards (she sells for $2/card ($10/6 cards and $20/dozen) along with her favorite StriVectin instant eye fix treatment.
13. Suzanne Martinez shared a favorite inspiring book she recently read entitled, The Gift of Our Wounds: A Sikh and a Former White Supremacist Find Forgiveness After Hate.
14. Jacolien loves her favorite Clinique SPF50 Sunscreen Face Cream.
15. Allyson shared her favorite prescription Tretinoin Cream USP, 0.05% which she uses to keep her skin acne free and also for the added benefits of reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin discoloration. Consult with your doctor regarding this product.